Targeting foreign national residents who are having trouble with Japanese language in their everyday life, interpretation support is provided free of charge. Interpreters will be dispatched by the Association for activities such as procedures at the City Hall, school and preschool visits, your child's health check ups, etc.
Anyone who lives, works, and studies within the city is eligible for using this support free of charge.
Please read the following below on the details of how to reserve and apply.
Contact: Tourism and Exchange DivisionInterpreter support leaflet （in Japanese and English）（PDF／1MB）
(Tel: 0761-58-2211) email@example.com or
Nomi International Exchange Association
(Tel: 0761-57-3751) firstname.lastname@example.org
*Correspondence and phone contact is available in Japanese and English!
About the Interpretation Support
2. Interpretation at elementary, junior-high, high schools and preschools for orientations and parent-teacher conferences within the city
3. Interpretation at events and such that civic groups organize within the city
4. Interpretation for other needs that the Nomi City Industry and Exchanges Department chief acknowledges
2. Send an application form to the Nomi International Exchange Association or City Tourism and Exchange Division via E-mail or FAX.
• Forms are available at the Nomi International Exchange Association, City Tourism and Exchange Division, the Citizen's Window Division, and the Neagari and Terai Information Centers. An electronic form can also be downloaded from the link below.
• Reservations are required at the latest one week before the request date. Cancellations are required at the latest by 12:00 pm one day before the request date, but please notify the Nomi International Exchange Association (in Japanese or English) or Tourism and Exchange Division (only in Japanese) as soon as possible.
• In emergency cases, phone interpretation is available.
• Companies and groups requesting for a dispatch of a volunteer interpreter are required to register. Please fill out and submit the "Nomi City Volunteer Interpretation Registration of Usage Application Form" （submission by postal service is accepted）.
• Please note that there may be times where a volunteer interpreter may not be available.
Download： Interpreter application （personal use）（Excel／64KB）
Download： Interpreter application （company use） （Excel／28KB）
Download： Registration of Usage Application Form （company use） （Excel／30KB）
Nomi city needs volunteer interpreters of different languages to provide the above support. If you are interested in registering as a volunteer interpreter, please see the page below.
Nomi city Interpretation Support (in Japanese)